Harlow Hawks Privacy Statement
This statement explains how Harlow Hawks (“we”, “us” and “our”) handles and uses the personal information we collect about members who attend our training sessions or participate on our teams for processes relating to our operations and activities.
When changes are made to this statement, we will publish the updated version on our website.
It is our responsibility to ensure that the documentation and data held on subject is:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- Adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary
- Accurate and kept up to date, where necessary
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data
How Harlow Hawks use your personal information
Harlow Hawks uses your personal data to manage and administer club membership and your involvement with its sessions, teams and club, and to keep in contact with you for these purposes.
We collect and process your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- we will use your information to manage and administer your membership and your involvement with our teams and club, and to keep in contact with you for these purposes.
- For team players, We collect and process personal data from you or your parent when you join or when we carry out annual renewals of your club membership.
- For team players maintaining personal details (e.g. your name, photograph required for player licence, preferred contact details), ensuring effective communications with relevant contact personnel. Use some personal details for player licence registration with Basketball England.
- For casual players we maintain personal details to ensuring effective communications with you for activities when required.
- For junior age group members the contact details will be of their parents\guardians.
- Recognition of any achievements which merit publicity to highlight this in the local paper or club website, social media (e.g. Name, Photograph and general age group if junior player – sometimes not all of these things will be used).
- Communicating club news to players who are no longer at the club but may be interested in events taking place.
Any data held shall be processed fairly and lawfully and in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the regulation
We have a legitimate interest in collecting this personal data so that we can effectively run and administer all Harlow Hawks club sessions\activities and teams.
We keep your personal information for the duration of your participation at the club, and usually for two years after you leave the club unless you are happy to be contacted beyond this period for club updates.
How we share your personal information
- Personal information is not normally shared outside of the club. We share some of your personal information with Basketball England and/or required personnel at the club, only where there is a specific need to.
- We share some of your data with Basketball England for the purposes of licensing.
- Some data is shared with Basketball England, who use your data to regulate, develop and manage the game.
- We use locked filing cabinets to store copies of personal information.
- Where you work in a particular role within the club, you may be required to undergo a Disclosure & Barring Service check using the service that Basketball England provide through GB Group Online Disclosures. The result of this check will be input into your personal record on Basketball England’s database system (where appropriate)
- We may be asked by County team representatives to provide the Basketball England Licence number for players that have successfully made it through trials to play on the County team for inter-County tournaments.
We may also be subject to a legal requirement (with or without your consent) to share your personal information with Basketball England or a government agency (such as the police or security services or other statutory authorities with investigatory powers) under special circumstances (e.g. health and safety, safeguarding). Where feasible and appropriate, we will notify you of our intention to share such information in advance.
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you. You also have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you, to delete personal information, or otherwise restrict our processing, or to object to processing or communications, or to receive an electronic copy of the personal information you provided to us. Please note that all of these rights are qualified in various ways.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how Harlow Hawks process your data, you can get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org