Harlow Hawks Anti-Bullying Policy
- Issued Aug 2021
- Review Aug 2024
Statement of Intent
We are committed to providing a caring, friendly and safe environment for all our members so they can learn in a relaxed and secure atmosphere. Bullying of any kind is unacceptable at our club. If bullying does occur, all members should be able to tell and know that incidents will be dealt with promptly and effectively.
- Listen and respond to young people’s concerns and take appropriate action
- Respond appropriately to incidents of bullying
- Take parents/carers’ concerns seriously and respond effectively
- To create a positive environment for young people
- To encourage safe, and accessible opportunities for young people
- To ensure that all young people can participate in a safe, caring environment
To achieve this, we will:
- Ensure that a young person-centred environment is created during all activities
- Emphasise the positive values of participation, sharing, helping and encouraging
- Promote equality in all basketball activities
- Establish clear ground rules/boundaries for activities
- Work towards continuously improving the quality of activities
We are committed to eliminating bullying within basketball activities:
- To achieve this, we will encourage all participants to behave according to the Harlow Hawks Code of Conduct and General Club Rules, which will provide a framework of acceptable behaviour
All participants agree to abide by the following:
- We will not tolerate bullying or harassment of any kind
- We will be accepting of others regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or social status
- We will not ignore an incident of bullying and will take all signs of bullying seriously
- We will be kind to others, even if they are not our friends and we will make new participants in our activities feel welcome
- We will not join in fights or disturbances
- We will report any bullying incident to a member of staff/official immediately
- We will not judge others on the way they speak, their social behaviour, appearance, or their ability.
- We will remember that everyone matters, including ourselves
- We will encourage all young people to speak and share their concerns
- We will encourage all Club Welfare Officers to sign post how young people can contact them with a concern of bullying
We will encourage our staff, coaches, volunteers & officials to be vigilant & observant at all times.
If incidents of bullying are witnessed then please inform the Club Welfare Officer.